Friday, September 9, 2011

Here We Go...

Hello.  My name is Daniel.  In 1996, when I was 11 years old, I was severely brain injured during "routine" hernia surgery by the resident anesthesiologist who did not have her head in the game that morning.  But I will not look back; rather, I press forward to do and be all that God has created me to be--in spite of being unable to read, write, or do anything for myself.  My goal is to be a "Barnabas" in your life--to encourage you to keep pressing on, to "keep on keeping on" as my dear cheerleader Melsie used to say, to NEVER, EVER GIVE UP no matter what you are going through.  And so there you have it...the first day of my blog.  I'm not sure how often I will write at this point, but when I do, I hope to encourage you to live your life--whatever that means, wherever you are--by God's grace and for His glory because, in my humble opinion, that is the only way to live this life.  Thanks for reading...thanks for embarking on this journey with me.

2 comments:

  1. You shine bright Daniel and I am so grateful the Lord spared your life that day to use you to be a becon of hope to so many people! Thank you for speaking out and encouraging me. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ." Thank you Daniel for bringing comfort to many and pointing to the Father of mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi daniel. i just read through your blog and am so encouraged by your words of truth and love. God's hand is indeed upon your life in a special way... thank you for sharing that with others. what a powerful testimony your life is. i went to emmaus with your sister jodie and have always enjoyed being in your family's company, even though it has not been that often. God bless you all. I look forward to reading more from you, we could all use a "barnabus" in our lives. so glad you have recognized your spiritual gift of encouragement and are willing to use it to bring glory and honor to our great God and Savior.

    ReplyDelete